Hepatitis In Dogs: You Know Symptoms And Diagnosis? – As we have said hepatitis in dogs is an infectious disease spread fast. The species of wild dog or dogs have not been vaccinated are subject to disease. Especially with dogs under 1 year of age. So, symptoms and ways to diagnose the disease out?
Symptoms of hepatitis in dogs
- ICH is most commonly seen on the small dogs under 1 year of age. Although dogs are not vaccinated at all ages can also be affected.
- Dog severely affected will be dying and death in a few hours after the appearance of clinical signs.
In addition, inflammatory disease of the liver in dogs can lead to a number of other diseases such as inflammatory skin diseases in dogs ,… if not detected and treated promptly.
Clinical signs in the early stages of infection include:
– Increased rectal temperature (39,4°C to 41,1°C), increased respiratory frequency.
– Fever can no longer. Swollen lymph nodes tonsils usually associated with pharyngitis and laryngitis, cough, and is khan on the respiratory tract.
– Commonly found in the lymph nodules on the neck grew up causes swelling under the skin of the head and neck. Abdominal pain and liver usually clear in cases of hepatitis in dogs level. Petechiae and bruises spread under the skin, nosebleeds and bleeding veins are also often occur.
– Jaundice is not common in the level of ICH. But it is found in some dogs survive through the development stage of acute disease.
– Inflammatory diseases of the liver in dogs often do both bitches and male dogs abdominal distention due to accumulation of fluid (including blood serum and blood) or due to internal bleeding.
– Signs of central nervous system include: moodiness, disorientation, convulsions, coma, or deep coma in the final stages of the disease.
– Dog mildly affected can recover after the fever. Clinical symptoms of complications of ICH often lasts 5-7 days before diminishing.
– The cornea and inflammation of the lining of the middle of the eye usually appears when the clinical symptoms fades.
– Mortality ranges from 10% -30% and is usually highest in the very small dog.
– If fever short, leukopenia may be the only sign, but if persists> 1 day, acute disease development
Diagnosis of inflammation of the liver in dogs
- Serological diagnosis early for ICH. The clinical results showed the reaction coagulopathy (prothrombin time prolonged, thrombocytopenia, and the product decline fibrin). The dog is severely affected showed injuries cells in severity (increased ALT and AST). Proteinuria is common. Leukopenia usually lasts throughout the period of fever. The level of neutropenia change and seemed to correlate with the severity of the disease.
– Protein (mainly albumin urinary) assess the degree of kidney damage caused by viruses. Can often be discovered on the analysis of random urine, because concentrations greater than 50mg/dL. The increased permeability in the kidneys can be due to virus location at which, in the early stages of infection.
- Hypoglycemia can be found on the dog in the last stages of this disease.
- Discuss test results showed clinical diagnosis for ICH is the main means. Before you die (no need for treatment), can perform serology, virus isolation by the method of immunofluorescence staining of virus in the sample tissue disease. Check serum includes react to neutralize virus, red cell agglutination, indirect, combining supplements can react antigen antibodies and ELISA. These tests often showed elevated levels of antibodies higher after infection virulence, high contrast with vaccines MLV.
- CAV-1 can be easily isolated because of its high resistance in the environment and easily multiply in the environment of cultured cells of a number of species, including dogs. Disease positive cells typical of adenovirus include agglomeration and lysis of the cell layer. The phenomenon of sepsis start (on day 5 PI), CAV-1 can be cultured from any body tissue or secretions. Cultured virus from the liver dog is often very difficult. Because arginase of the liver inhibits viral replication nucleotides, the virus could not be isolated from the liver more than 10 days PI, even on the dogs is inflammation of the liver. Perhaps because of latency of the virus. The kidneys are organs virus localized and CAV-1 can be isolated from urine at least 6-9 months after the first infection
To serve more than 10,000 customers every year, right from the early days of service (2004) veterinary hospital PetHealth has invested in the modern equipments and a team of veterinarians experienced professional. Customers will be updates every information is used high-quality service at a reasonable cost, is the good doctor, clinic, cure for his pet