Lyme Disease In Dogs: 3 Ways Of Disease Prevention And Treatments – If there are signs of Lyme disease in dogs , take your pet to the veterinary facility have the expertise to examination. However, for dogs with Lyme disease is not the pet owners would want to have. So you get equipped with knowledge on Lyme disease in dogs through this article to minimize the risks.
3 ways to Lyme disease in dogs
- If possible, avoid giving your dog roam in the environment is infected ticks is where Lyme disease in dogs is common. Check out the fur and skin of the dog daily and remove ticks by hand.
- Should use various sprays, collars, and other topical products to kill and repel ticks.
- Vaccine Lyme disease are available, but their use is somewhat controversial.
Methods of treating Lyme disease in dogs
- Prevention includes efforts to prevent bites as, spanking, long pants and use DEET.
- A single dose of doxycycline may be used to prevent the development of infection. But usually should not be from the development of infection is rare. If an infection develops, a number of antibiotics are effective, including doxycycline, amoxicillin , and cefuroxime . Treatment is usually in two or three weeks.
- Doxycycline is the antibiotic most commonly prescribed for Lyme disease. But other types are also available and effective. Duration, the recommended treatment is usually 4 weeks. But in some cases it may be necessary to many. May prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs (pain reliever) if your dog especially unpleasant.
- Unfortunately, antibiotic treatment does not always completely eliminate the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi . The symptoms may resolve, but then back into a day, and the development of kidney disease in the future is always a worry.
Living and management
- Improving acute inflammation (acute) of the joints of Borrelia should be seen within three to five days after treatment with antibiotics.
- If there is no improvement within three to five days, need re-evaluation.
3 article about Lyme disease in dogs just then, we hope that you now have 1 basic knowledge about diseases, prevention as well as treatment methods. And that can help you in the process of raising up pet